1. Some babies are actually born with teeth! Experts say about 1 in every 3000 babies will be born with a neonatal tooth.
2. All of the baby teeth, 20 in total, should be erupted between the ages of 2 and 3 years old.
3. The first baby teeth to erupt are the 2 front teeth, called incisors. The 2 lower incisors will typically grow in first, followed by the 2 upper incisors.
4. The first grown-up tooth (permanent) should break through the gums around the age of 6.
5. Studies show that as many as 40% of children have cavities in their baby teeth. That’s why cleaning the gums and teeth is advised after every feeding.
For more helpful dental info or should you wish to see one of our qualified and caring Dentists contact us here: http://www.peermedhealthcare.co.za/contact-us/