1. 1 in 5 of the world's children and adolescents have a mental disorder.
2. Depression is a common mental disorder. Globally, it is estimated that 5.0% of adults suffer from depression.
3. About half of mental disorders begin before the age of 14.
4. Almost 800 000 people die by suicide every year; 1 person dies from suicide every 40 seconds.
5. Rates of mental health workers vary from below 2 per 100 000 population in low-income countries to over 70 per 100 000 in high-income countries.
6. The global economy loses about $1 trillion per year in productivity due to depression and anxiety.