– Foods that are dehydrating, such as caffeine, sugar, dried fruit etc. can cause or aggravate dry skin.
– Bathing or hand washing too frequently, especially if using soaps that contain alcohol or other harsh chemicals.
– Skin tends to be more dry in the winter as the cold air outside and the heated air inside cause low humidity.
– Forced-air furnaces can worsen dry skin.
4. Medical Interventions
– Certain medications such as choline inhibitors increase dryness.
Should you have a skin condition you would need to consult a doctor for further assistance. You can visit your nearest Peermed Healthcare Centre today: https://peermedhealthcentre.co.za/contact-us/