Peermed health clinic
  • Peermed family health clinic
  • Ultrasound and 4D scan, Optometrist and x-ray
  • Dispensing doctors (general practitioners) and dentists
  • Physiotherapist and dispensary pharmacy
Welcome to Peermed Family Health Clinic
NEWS

DID YOU KNOW: ALL ABOUT HAIR


1. The average person has 100,000 – 150,000 strands of hair.

2. . On average, you shed around 50-150 strands of hair a day.

3. Hair is the second fastest growing tissue in the body after bone marrow.

4.A healthy strand of hair can stretch an additional 30% when it’s wet.

5. A new hair begins to grow as soon as it is plucked from its follicle.

6. At different times, 90% of hair is growing, while the other 10% is resting.

7. A single hair has a lifespan of about five years.

8. A strand of hair is stronger than a copper wire with the same diameter.

Nutrients like iron, folate, and vitamin C are important for your hair. If you don’t get enough of these through your diet, you might notice some unhealthy changes in it. Your skin also might be thin and pale. Should this be the case, you will need to see a dietitian. 
Visit: https://peermedhealthcentre.co.za/contact-us/



Back to news articles