Regular running or jogging offers many health benefits. Running can:
help to build strong bones, as it is a weight bearing exercise
improve cardiovascular fitness
burn plenty of kilojoules.
Health and safety suggestions with running and jogging:
- Avoid running during the hottest part of the day in summer.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after your run.
- Wear reflective materials if you're running in the early morning or at night.
- Tell someone where you plan to run and when you think you'll be back.
- If you injure yourself while running, stop immediately. Seek medical advice.
If you experienced injuries due to jogging, then Peermed has you covered. You can speak to one of our qualified Physiotherapists by clicking here: peermedhealthcare.co.za/contact-us/