1. Some babies are actually born with teeth! Experts say about 1 in every 3000 babies will be born with a neonatal tooth.
2. All of the baby teeth, 20 in total, should be erupted between the ages of 2 and 3 years old.
3. The first baby teeth to erupt are the 2 front teeth, called incisors. The 2 lower incisors will typically grow in first, followed by the 2 upper incisors.
4. The first grown-up tooth (permanent) should break through the gums around the age of 6.
5. Studies show that as many as 40% of children have cavities in their baby teeth. That’s why cleaning the gums and teeth is advised after every feeding.